PTSBC is a member-focused non-profit organization whose aim is to support Pharmacy Technicians and Assistants in BC.
The purpose of the society is to:
- Promote education and communication
- Enhance and strengthen leadership capabilities
- Promote professionalism
- Act as a valuable resource for Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Assistants in BC
We will achieve these by:
- Encouraging all Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Assistants, Pharmacy Personnel and students to join PTSBC
- Increasing awareness through communication, continuing education, and networking
- Increasing involvement with other professional organizations in the field
- Keeping members informed on provincial and national initiatives and events within the profession
- Keeping members up-to-date on Regulation of Pharmacy Technicians at both a provincial and national level
- Supporting ongoing professional development and continuous learning opportunities
- Providing information on employment opportunities throughout the province
- Building and maintaining alliances with industry and other related members of the health care team
- PTSBC has no paid employees. All of those involved with the day to day operations of the PTSBC are volunteers.
- Membership fees provide valuable member services and benefits such as professional development.